Web Services for TOP END®
Leverage Your Existing TOP END Investment by Exposing TOP END Server Applications
as Web Services
Achieves the Benefits of Web Services
Increases Top End Functionality
No New Top End Development
Avoids or Delays Costly Migration
Ease of Implementation and Deployment
Web Services for TOP END offers a set of operations through which many
Web Service clients can interact with many TOP END
application servers that may be deployed across many TOP END systems.
TTM has developed a proof of concept that gives Web Services clients access
to TOP END server applications and is based on the following requirements:
- Make available to Web Service clients the services or
functionality provided by existing TOP END server applications.
- No additional requirements are to be placed on existing
TOP END server applications and their source code.
- The server applications must operate as-is and should
not require any recompilation or re-linking.
- The software components must provide a complete black-box
solution or product apart from providing external configuration or
definition files. No additional TOP END software programming is required.
The initial release of TOP END Web Services presents a RESTful API for
TOP END. To download the prototype and corresponding documentation in one
zip archive file, click here.
An upcoming release will also support the SOAP Web Service protocol.
|Web Services for TOP END
TTM realizes that there is no “one size fits all” solutions. However the REST
architectural style provides a lightweight and faster alternative to the WSDL
and XML-bloated SOAP.|
TTM’s Web Services for TOP END is designed
to address both SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
The first release of Web Services for TOP END supports the
RESTful approach to Web Services.
- Reuses TOP END services and preserve investment in TOP END
- Exposes existing TOP END server applications (services) as Web Services,
thus giving all Web Services clients access to those services
- Does not place any new requirement (e.g., source code modification,
recompiling, re-linking, etc.) on the TOP END server applications.
The server applications run as-is and no new development is required on TOP END
- Leverages existing packages to mitigate development time and costs
- Deployable on any J2EE application server platform (e.g., Geronimo and
WebSphere) or can run stand-alone
- Utilizes existing TOP END transaction managers to provide
transactional Web Services
- Provides simultaneous access to multiple TOP END systems
- Uses connection pooling for automatic failover and load balancing across
multiple TOP END nodes
- Supports hot deployment of Web Services, thereby reducing downtime
A quiet achiever, TOP END® is in use at the largest
systems in the world including Wal-Mart Stores, Harrah's Entertainment, British Airways, Reuters,
Citi-Egg Banking, SEARS, Airline Reporting Corporation, Vodafone and Telstra Australia among others.
An enterprise class monitoring system for ActiveMQ.
An ActiveMQ Reference Guide to help you get started with ActiveMQ.
Dynamically reconfigurable ActiveMQ security plugins.
An introduction to messaging and ActiveMQ.
Remote access to data sources via J2EE web service.